Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How To Edit Names on the "Schedule For" list

How To Edit Names on the "Schedule For" list

Hello.

I'm new to Sage Community Forums and I've got a question.

I work for a service company and we use ACT! as a job scheduling software. Previously, a person worked here that was an ACT! "guru".
She set up the program and took care of any changes that needed to be made. That person is no longer here and lucky me, I now find myself in the position of taking over where she left off.  OK....but I am an ACT! newbie !!!!!  I've got a book, but I can't find the answer I am needing right now !

We use the Schedule Call feature to detail the work that needs to be done, schedule the time frame, etc.  The "Schedule For" field is used for assigning a specific technician to do the work.  Due to turnover., it is sometimes necessary to take a technician off the drop down list and add a different technician name.  Sounds simple, right?  Well, not for me.....I've been through the book, tried everything I can think of and the obsolete names remain !

Can anyone help me?  I would so much appreciate your time and guidance. In fact, you would be my Valentine !! LOL

Debbie Newbie
2/12/08
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How To Edit Names on the "Schedule For" list

ok....so, if I inactivate a user, will the name be removed from the drop down user list? 
I think I tried that unsucessfully.

Thanks,
Debbie
Platinum Elite Contributor

In ACT! 10 (I just looked at mine), inactive users will still be in the list, but will have "(Inactive)" after their name

You might post a request here that Inactive users are either removed from this list, or at least sorted to the bottom... it would make good sense

Mike, thanks very much for your help and guidance. Hope you have a great day in Aussie world. In Dallas, Texas, it's raining...and we need it!
Debbie