Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How TO Store Fields Data in a List

How TO Store Fields Data in a List

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am currently importing a list of products with different maturities and Credit Risk Limits

in my Company records. All in all I have defined 140 fields and can import data, my problem 

is to display the data as I have too many fields.

What I would like to do is to be able for every Company Record to display only the fields

which have a value in it (usually for every product there are 6 values to display).

Is it possible to do it using a List object which for every Company record will check all the 140 defined

fields for this Company record and show only the items which have a value different than zero together with the field

name? Hence I would like to not display the fields objects on screen but to have a List object that store the content from

the fields using a condition "store only data from fields which have a value different than zero".

Than you for your help,

Roch

Message Edited by Rocky4539 on 09-22-2008 09:08 PM
Message Edited by Rocky4539 on 09-22-2008 09:09 PM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: How TO Store Fields Data in a List

Perhaps best done by running a custom report with scripting to only show fields containing data. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Re: How TO Store Fields Data in a List

Hi Gleo,

Actually, I am not looking to run a report but rather to display relevant credit risk limits in Act.

Act would be used to centralize data from various companies so that when a company calls

our Sales could directly see in Act the various information about a customer.

Is there a way to customize the lay out with a script saying to display for every company only the

Credit Risk Limits which have a value > 0.

Thank you for your help,

Roch