Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How Many Licenses Do I Need?

How Many Licenses Do I Need?

I am running ACT! 2010.  I understand that each user needs a license, and that's fine by me.  However, I recently purchased a new computer and have installed ACT! on the the new computer.  I'd like to do one of two things.

First, if it's possible, since I am the only user of the program, I'd like to run ACT! on both of the computers.  One is a laptop, which I would like to update when I'm in the field, and the desktop would be the computer where I would do most of my work.

Or, if I can't do that with one license, I'd like to transfer the license to my new computer.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How Many Licenses Do I Need?

Providing it's the same user, you can use the same license, then set up synchronisation between the desktop and laptop

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your help, Mike.  I am much happier with your help than with the "help" I got from the tech support people. 

The people at the tech support line were less than helpful.

First they told me, oh, it's not compatible with Windows 7.  Really?  Is that why it's running on Windows 7?

And then they told me, try running it as an administrator.  Uh, hello?  I'm the only user of the computer, I have administrator privileges.

Finally, when the rep deigned to answer my question, she directed me to the knowledgebase.  How about answering the question for me?  I've got you on the phone, you're a customer service rep, how about doing your **bleep** job?

I very disappointed with the technical support "help."

[Edit: Inappropriate content removed per Community Guidelines]

Platinum Elite Contributor

Actually on Windows 7 administrator isn't really administrator (leave it to Microsoft). Even with an administrator login there are times that you will need to right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator to actually run the program with administrator privileges.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129