Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How Do I Synch a single Database across two computers - only one computer used at a time

Copper Contributor

How Do I Synch a single Database across two computers - only one computer used at a time

I have Sage ACT! Pro 2013 on two differnet computers.  A work computer (Windows 7 on Lenovo laptop) and a home computer (Windows 7 running on Parallels VM on Macbook Air laptop.  I perform regular backups on this computer.  I would love to simply restore this database from time to time on to my home computer so they "match." 

I do not require instantaneous synchronization.  Is there an easier way to keep these two databases in synch than doing a "Restore As" on the home computer?

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: How Do I Synch a single Database across two computers - only one computer used at a time

Well, if you bring the home notebook to the office and both can "see" each other on the network, than using ACT!'s data synchronization feature seems like it would be the way to go.

There is info in Help and also full rundown of all facets of how to set up and the like in the ACT! Knowledgebase.

If that can't work for you, than I suppose the "restore as" is about as good as it's going to get...

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How Do I Synch a single Database across two computers - only one computer used at a time

Another option might be to have the Publisher database hosted on-line and have both machine sync with the host