Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How Do I Make the Date of a Letter stay the same no matter when I open it?

How Do I Make the Date of a Letter stay the same no matter when I open it?

When I quote someone on a specific date, I need the date to remain the same.  But everytime I open a letter it displays today's date.  I am using Word 2008 and ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (EX Edition) Version 10.0.3.182.

I tried editing the Letters template in Word and did the following: Insert Tab, Quick Parts dropdown, choose Field, insert CreateDate.

The problem with that was it inserted some date in March of this year instead of today's date.  Is there a way that Word will automatically insert the date on a letter and never change it, whether I modify or open the letter at a later date?

Also, Act! now doesn't prompt me to save letters to a contact's history when I make a new one.  I have to manually attach the letter.  How do I fix that?

Thanks!

Steve

Re: How Do I Make the Date of a Letter stay the same no matter when I open it?

Steve,

What date are you trying to show?  You can edit the template and add the date you want or if there's a field in ACT! with the date you need, you can add the field to the template instead.

Thanks for your reply.  I'm using MS Word 2008.  I want it to show the date that I actually created the document, and I don't want that date to subsequently change. 

That will have to be manually typed in the document.