Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How Can I Import older, saved Contact Records into my existing 2001 v11 DB?

Copper Contributor

How Can I Import older, saved Contact Records into my existing 2001 v11 DB?

I used "Back-up" to save a previous DB- both are Act! 2001 v11.  Is there a way to add those older contacts to this existing new database.  If I use IMPORT- it just wants to open that old database but I don't want that because I am having layout issues with that old database.  I did a new install with a good layout and now a few existing contacts.  I just want to know if there is a way to add the older DATA ONLY e.g., Contact info., name, tel, notes, etc. to the new DB.

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How Can I Import older, saved Contact Records into my existing 2001 v11 DB?

Hello,
Can you clarify the version you are using? ACT! 2001 is really old and v11 would be ACT! 2009.

Thanks,

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How Can I Import older, saved Contact Records into my existing 2001 v11 DB?

Actually I see from another post that your using ACT! 2009. If you trying to get the contacts from one database to another, then you would do an import. Instructions are in this KB article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2204...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.