Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hotfix3 for 9.0.1

Copper Elite Contributor

Hotfix3 for 9.0.1

I am running Act 9.0.1.162 on a laptop with Win XP, as a single user and it is relatively stable and trouble free. It was installed in May 2007.
Should I run Hotfix 3? How can I tell if it has been run already? What does it do or fix??
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Hotfix3 for 9.0.1

HF3 fixes the following issues :

Preferences

• Getting Started Wizard
    Resolved cases where the getting started wizard would display after settings had been established.

Outlook Activity Sync

• Resolved cases where the Activity sync process would finish without moving data across from ACT! or Outlook. 

It also includes the fixes from HF2 and HF1 but to be honest I wouldn't install it if you are working OK.  It is known to cause problems if you install it on a machine patched to 9.0.1 rather than a machine that was installed from the 9.0.1 disc originally.

I am firmly of the opinion 'If it aint broke don't fix it'

Tom

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks Tom, your last comment mirrors my thoughts exactly. My Act was installed from 9.0.1.162 by an Act consultant, never had the first issue, and have abandoned the Outlook calendar in favour of the Act one so Activity syncing not an issue. I find running 2 calendars/task lists way too hazardous!!
Notice you answer a lot of questions, really appreciate your wisdom and experience.
Copper Contributor

Sage advice indeed............  

Sorry, couldn't resist!  Smiley Wink

jason
Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007