Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hotels Using Act?

Hotels Using Act?

I at using ACT for several of my hotels.  I was a Delphi user previously and loved its features relating specifically to hotels.  Is anyone out there using this for hotels and could you give me some of your best practices?  Thanks Tammie

Re: Hotels Using Act?

I suggest contacting an ACT! Certified Consultant.

ACT! Certified Consultants offer a wide variety of services. This exclusive group of trained entrepreneurs can provide guidance on everything from your initial setup through customizing ACT! to meet your specific needs.

Other services include:
- Software sales
- On-site installation and support services for software, hardware, and networks
- Product training by SBDCC certified instructors
- Industry expertise in sales and database processes

http://www.act.com/partners/acc/find/index.cfm

Copper Contributor

My experience has been that the best way to determine how to get the most out of ACT  is to completely forget about the software.

What is it you are trying to accomplish?  Respond to this with a post of the most important things you are trying to accomplish and I'll do my best to tell you if ACT will work for you.  Another way to look at it is that using ACT to start will help you figure out what it is you need to do in the long run.  If ACT doesn't cut it, you've learned it by starting with an inexpensive off the shelf product that will help you prepare for bigger things.

Tony Holowitz
John Anthony Group
tony@johnanthonygroup.com
Bronze Contributor

I agree with Tony you need to determine what you need to achieve and then see if it is possible to get ACT over this bridge first. Every business is different and what might have worked for the hotels I have been involved with may not be applicable to your enviroment.

As I have said to many in this forum previously make a list of functional things you want to achieve and ask a local consultant for a proposal on how to achieve these goals. once this is done and you are looking to expand then you can look further.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.