Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hot Fix Is Rejected - Now Can't Sync Remote Database

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Hot Fix Is Rejected - Now Can't Sync Remote Database

Hello

On the recommendation of a Sage professional I was provided the links below. 

I was using ACT Pro 13.0 for a stand alone desktop and a remote laptop that I sync through Hamachi.  At the time my ACT! program was running slowing on the new HP Pavilion desktop

I used both updates on the desktop - update worked fine.  (the update improved ACT! performance)

I used 13.1 update on laptop - went fine.  I used the Hot Fix and I get these series of messages (also, I have tried this install multiple times) Messages below.   Now I am unable to sync because remote db is using a different ACT! version.

I would recommend updating to 13.1 HF4. There are several fixes to improve performance.

Update to 13.1

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27290

Update to HF4

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27440

Messages when Hot Fix (ACT2011SP1HF6.exe) gets to the point of unpacking:

Box 1:  The filename directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect  (Ok button)

Box 2: Load language failed (Ok button)

Box 3: Access is denied  (Ok button)

Box 4: Red circle with white X  (Ok button)

Thoughts and suggestions.  Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jlferrell
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Hot Fix Is Rejected - Now Can't Sync Remote Database

It sounds like the connection to our download is being blocked by your proxy server. I will find out if there is a port that can be unblocked to allow connection. Another is download the file on a machine not using a proxy, copy the install file for the hot fix to a flash drive, then copy that your remote machine.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello jlferrell,
What is the size of the file you downloaded?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Preference:  To get the hotfix to work on remote db computer.  Any ideas why ACT won't take the Hot Fix update?

2nd Choice:  ?

Last Choice:  Revert to 13.0 on both computers

Is it only this machine that rejects the hot fix? Try this:
- Re-download the file and save to the Desktop of the remote machine. Here is the link from our download center:
http://dlm.sagenorthamerica.com/dlnow.aspx?id=13430
- Uncheck the option to run it after download completes.
- Before running the hot fix, browse to where you saved it, right-click on it and select Properties
- Under the General tab, click the Unblock button.
- Click Apply, then OK
- Double-click the file to run the update

Greig Hollister

Tuned Listener

Thanks Greg,

I got to the double-click point - then I got this Error box pop up with red circle and white X

Unable to connect to internet.  Please check your connection and try again.

If this does not resolve the problem please contact Sage customer support for assistance.

Email: support@protexis.com

__ I have a proxy server and need to configure my settings. (I don't)

[ Ok ]

I am unable to connect.

Solution
Accepted by topic author jlferrell
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

It sounds like the connection to our download is being blocked by your proxy server. I will find out if there is a port that can be unblocked to allow connection. Another is download the file on a machine not using a proxy, copy the install file for the hot fix to a flash drive, then copy that your remote machine.

Greig Hollister

Tuned Listener

Thanks Greg. 

How can you tell if you have a proxy server?  I spoke with our computer tech person (here at our office) and he doesn't believe I have a proxy server at home.  We have a basic home (AT&T) internet connection useable by 2 laptops and a desktop.  My remote ACT database is reaching the limit (7 days) without being resynced.  I will need to do something soon.

Are you getting the error when running the "ACT2011SP1HF6.exe" file or the "Download_Sage_ACT!_2011_SP1_Hot_Fix_6.exe" file?

Greig Hollister

Tuned Listener

I just tried to install again.  It happens when I attempt to run "ACT2011SP1HF6.exe" file.  I happen to have my laptop at the office today.  Our IT man said that we do not have a proxy server here.  Thanks

Try downloading the update via this alternate link:
http://download.protexis.net/13430_20120731/Download_Sage_ACT!_2011_SP1_Hot_Fix_6.exe

Greig Hollister