Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hot Fix 4 for Act Pro 2011 Hosed my System

Copper Contributor

Hot Fix 4 for Act Pro 2011 Hosed my System

The recent release hot fix 4 hosed my system. I almost thought I would have to reinstall Windows 7 but was able to completely uninstall Act 2011. I have not determined what happened and I think I will not use Act for at least a while.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Hot Fix 4 for Act Pro 2011 Hosed my System

I've run it on 12 systems so far XP, Win2003, Vista and Win7... no problems so far.

When you say "hosed" what do you mean?
Copper Contributor

After successful install I tried to start Act and it came up with two errors and would not start. I rebooted system and the first screen after a reboot was an Act error. I decided to try to uninstall it with REVO uninstaller and the system instability increased. After unsuccessfully restoring the System Disk with Ghost 15 (another error), Outlook 2010 would not start. After going through a self repair by Norton 360 v5 and a repair of Outlook 2010 my system finally returned to normalcy. I have had a lot of troubleshooting sessions with Act 2011 since the Beta version and before I installed Hotfix 4, I was starting to appreciate the plusses of Act.

What did I do wrong. The hotfix "installed successfully".  

Bronze Elite Contributor

Was the beta version of ACT! installed on this PC?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

Yes. I have Windows 7-64 Pro with 8 Gig Memory and a 2 TB Hard Drive. Even though there was an error when Ghost 15 finished, I believe it did work but may have caused problems with Outlook and Norton 360. The Act hotfix 4 still caused my computer to throw up the error that made Act on my system become unuseable and also affected Outlook 2010. A simple uninstall at that point would not have fixed my computer to run without errors.

Ghost would be able to back up the database...
Do you recall what the error was? Why do you think an uninstall/reinstall wouldn't fix it?

Graeme, why did you ask about the beta? Have you seen something similar?
Copper Contributor

No I do not remember what the error was. I guess I was feeling the frustration. I do remember that it was 2 errors back to back when I tried to open Act and it occurred after booting up windows. I did try to uninstall and received errors during the uninstall and after. Previously I had not encountered errors during or after installing Act or any updates.

Copper Contributor

I reinstalled HOT FIX 4 successfully. So far so good.

Ron Lane