Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hot Fix 3 and Object reference not set to an instance of an object. error in Event Viewer

Copper Contributor

Hot Fix 3 and Object reference not set to an instance of an object. error in Event Viewer

Still getting the Object reference not set to an instance of an object. error in the event viewer twice for every email sent.  Any fix for that?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Hot Fix 3 and Object reference not set to an instance of an object. error in Event Viewer

Copper Contributor

Re: Hot Fix 3 and Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Error in Event Viewer

Is there any explanation as to why Act consistently generates 2 of these errors for every e-mail sent? I run many programs and this is the only one that generates hundreds of errors every week.

And this has been going on for years? 

Why is Act consistently generating these errors and why hasn't this been addressed?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Hot Fix 3 and Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Error in Event Viewer

The only answer I can suggest it that it hasn't been addressed because it doesn't cause any problems most users would notice - except us tech types that look at these logs

I know Sage are aware (I have logged it a few times)... But as I don't work for them, I'm not sure if the cause is might be a lot of work to fix or if they've left it just because the lack of users complaining about it.

This might help:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2011/01/how-are-product-management-decisions.html