03-14-2013 06:51 AM
A few weeks ago I started getting an error message at startup on Act 2012 that my online services has an invalid logon and password. I was subscribed to Hoover's limited free account. Has Sage stopped supporting or providing this service? I did an online chat with Hoovers, and they stated that they do not have an agreenment with Sage to provide this information via a plug-in. They only sell the information to Sage, and they do not know how Sage uses it.
How can I reset my account for Hoovers so it works, or get rid of that annoying log-on error every time I restart ACT!?
03-14-2013 11:53 AM
It sounds like the trial period has expired. You can check the account through:
- Open Sage ACT! database.
- Click Connections option in the left hand column.
- Select Manage Account within the Sage Business Info Services for ACT! or Sage E-marketing for ACT! groupings.
- On Business Info or E-marketing tab, select Purchase/Upgrade Services.
- Enter account ID and password.
- The Account Management menu is presented.
To remove the sign-on information from the database (stop message), use the following article: KB Article 28457