Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History

History

I have Version 16

I was using act mail but the program would get full and delete all of my emails. Tech support could not fix it. I went and got outlook but the history function is not working . I found that the history queue was not linked properly so I did all the steps except the last one which was to restart act by double clicking ( act.outlook.service.exe) my system has (act.service.exe.config) Any idea's

Thanks Doug

Re: History

There should be both an Act.Outlook.Service.exe and an Act.Outlook.Service.exe.config. If the Act.Outlook.Service.exe is not in the folder, it's likely that the Act! installation was damaged, and you will need to uninstall and reinstall the program. Before going through with that, I would double-check to see if the file is there by browsing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Act\Act for Windows and searching the folder for Act.Outlook.Service.exe. If it's still not found after that, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

ok how do i save all of my contact info emails ect and does this effect my second copy of act i was going to put the other copy on my other compuer

Thanks Doug

As far as Act! is concerned, any e-mails that have already attached as history will be saved along with your contact information when you create a backup of the database. I'm a little unsure of what it is you're trying to do here. Are you trying to install Act! onto another machine and move your database to that other machine?

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage

Fist

I need the email history attched to the contact in act. That is not working.  Iam allowed two downloads of act 16. I do not want to use my second down load to fix a programing issue. I can do a back up but then were do i get the new down load.. When i did the trial version of act and then uninstalled it because I wanted Ver16 it never uninstalled all of it because all my cantacts were in the new ver 16 when i opened it.

If the history has not recorded to the database before you move it over to another machine, all you will have is the contact data for whoever is in the database. Moving it to another machine will not record history for email that has already been sent. You would need to get the history recording working before trying to move the database to another machine.

Were you ever able to find the Act.Outlook.Service.exe file? If it is not there, you will need to uninstall and reinstall.

If you didn't delete what you downloaded from your machine when you uinstalled it originally, you can avoid having to wait for it to download again by going to your C:\ drive and looking for a folder that looks something along the lines of Act!_Pro_v16 (or Act!_Premium_v16 if you have Premium). Inside this folder, there's a Setup.exe file that you can use to install the program again after you uninstall it.

If you do not have this folder, you can contact customer service at 877-386-8083 to obtain a new download link. This will not count against your downloads.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage

Elise

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, but it automatically loads to C\ Act. It has all of my contacts loaded. I think down loading the same way which I think is the wrong way. Can we do a screen share and can you fix this?? I need the emails from outlook to attach to act history for clients

Thanks Doug

Unfortunately, I cannot remote into your system. You will need to call in for support in order for someone to do that. You can reach support at 866-578-7876.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage