Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History will not display on computer. How do I fix?

Tuned Listener

History will not display on computer. How do I fix?

We have Act 11 with multiple databases on a server.  One of our databases on one persons computer will not show any History when earlier in the day it did.  I think its the computer itself because I can log onto my computer under their name and it will display all the History.  How can I fix that? 

Also on a second computer under History (again) you can see attachements but they will not open.  They are .xps attachments.  Again I can log onto my computer under that persons name and open the .xps files just fine.  How can I fix that?

2 computers in 4 days of each other - I think something is weird about that.

Dawn

Re: History will not display on computer. How do I fix?

Hello Dawn,

On the comptuer that cannot see history entries, make sure the filters are set correctly.  If they are already set correctly, proceed with rebuilding the user's preferences.

When attempting to open the xps files, what message are you receiving?

Rebuilding your user preferences.

1. Close ACT!
  2. Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Name>\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
        For Vista: C:\Users\<User_Name>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
  3. Delete the following files if present: preferencesBak.XML, preferencesBak3.xml, preferencesBak6.xml, preferencesBak9.xml
  4. Open the Preferences folder and delete USPreferences206.xml and USPrefrences208.xml.old
  5. Open ACT!

Tuned Listener

Hi David

I changed the filters on the one and it worked.

On the other one .xps I get the error message: "An error occureed in the application you were using.  You can try the following: *Restart the application. *Click the "More Information" button."

Dawn

Is the error coming from ACT! or program opening the xps files?
Tuned Listener

I believe from opening the xps file as the word/excel documents open fine.

Dawn

Are you able to open xps files outside of ACT!?  If you get the same issue, you may need to reinstall the program that opens the files.