Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History of User Name changes

History of User Name changes

"Someone" changed the name on one of our users, which messed up our reports, etc.  I can't find in any of the history reports or displays were I can prove who made the change.  Any ideas?  (PS: We know it can be only 1 of 3 people, and I know the 2 it is not!!  I need to "prove" who made the change, isn't office politics fun!!)Smiley Mad
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: History of User Name changes

Was it the login name? This could only be done by an Administrator

Or the My Record contact... if you don't cut a History on the field, you can be sure, but in the Contact Info tab, it would show the last user to edit the record... which might not be useful if you've changed it back already.

Thanks for your quick reply.  I noticed the User Name change when not all my Opportunities showed up in the List.  I checked the User Filters and found that there was a name "Tim" there (we don't have a Tim) and the name Bob wasn't there.  So I went to Tools, manage users and found that the "contact" name for Bob had been changed to Tim.  I am trying to track down who made that change, it doesn't show up in the regular history.  I asked the IT person this morning and she changed it on the Server so that is now showing up as the last edited field.

In reference to your reply:  If you go to Tools, manage users, the column that shows "Contact" is that the login name or the My record contact?

Thanks, Dori

Platinum Elite Contributor

That's the login name... and only an Administrator should be able to change it.

Also, check the Contacts for Bob (or if it was changed to Tim)