Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History not saving after copy and paste

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

History not saving after copy and paste

After copying & pasting into the history of an activity, then closing activity. The history does not save updated/revised info. Once I reopen and repeat the copy and paste, then close, history then saves. Is this a windows issue? Anyone have any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author LindaG.
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: History not saving after copy and paste

Yes I know all this and all used to function, but now since updating to V17 what I update in the bottom box before saving and closing does not save. The activity closes but updates do not save.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Contributor

From the way I'm reading your description, it sounds like you are opening an activity and pasting the information into the details of that activity and then closing it.

For an activity to show in the history tab, you have to close the activity. 

so, you would right click on the activity and select clear activity.  The window will open and you will then add the inforamtion showing that this activity is done.  BTW, if clearing this activity will cause a new activity to be created, then you will check "shedule a follow up" activity. 

Hope this helped.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Solution
Accepted by topic author LindaG.
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Yes I know all this and all used to function, but now since updating to V17 what I update in the bottom box before saving and closing does not save. The activity closes but updates do not save.

Issue resolved. Install Office 2013 32-Bit. We had 64 Bit installed which is not compatible. Must have the Word Editor (not Act editor), chosen in preferences as email editor. Somehow affects all editing in software.