Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History lesson - cannot get Outlook 2007 emails to attach to ACT contacts

History lesson - cannot get Outlook 2007 emails to attach to ACT contacts

My ACT address book is being used in Outlook 2007.  XP pro.

I have it set to record the history.

Only when I do a email merge does it get recorded in the history.

I have tried starting an email to a contact from ACT and still not recorded in the history

I have tried clicking on the Attach to Contact icon, gone through the step of bringing up the name in the little window, selecting it and hitting okay and it still does not show up in the History.

I have All dates and All types set for display but the new emails are not there.

History does work, I have mail merges showing, also the deletions of contacts.

I am missing something..... Help!

Copper Super Contributor

Re: History lesson - cannot get Outlook 2007 emails to attach to ACT contacts

Hi,

Have you tried checking if the "act.outlook.service.exe" is runing in the windows taskmanager under the "Processes" tab of the taskmanager.

If it is not present then you could try and start it from the location "C:\program files\act\act for windows" and see if that helps you. Smiley Happy

Hello. Thank you for the tip.

I did check and the process is running.

Since I posted this item, I started thinking that maybe something is wrong with my Outlook program.

To see if this is the case, I have tried to "repair" my Office 2007 program but there is something wrong because it will not run Setup.

I put the Program CD in and start Setup, it starts looking for the files it needs then comes up with a window that says: Setup did not complete successfully. We are sorry for the inconvenience  An error occured during the installation, and setup was unable to complete.

I've tried it via the control panel-add/remove programs.

I've tried it directly from the CD - Setup

I've tried it from Run: and same thing every time.

Apparently I've lost a file that is needed to start the Office Instal program.

It might have something to do with one of my son's visiting me for a week. I'm never surprised at what the computer does after his visits. :-)

I know this is not the ACT program, but would you have an idea what I could do to get my Office disk to work?  Our nonprofit charity does not have the service contract with Microsoft so we cannot call them without being charged for it.  We do own the program as it was donated to us by Microsoft and also the XP Pro.

Thanks for any ideas you have about getting it going.

Sincerely,

Bob Miller

Our Family Orphan Communities, Inc.

Copper Super Contributor

Hi,

I am not sure of the File it is looking for, but before trying to go for a repair installation try the following things:-

Check if there is anything in the disabled items in outlook if you do have anything in it which says mscoree.dll or any that says act try enabling it and then restart outlook and act. Since you said that you were using office 2007 you try running the office diagnostics from outlook or Word that should help in checking if there is any problem with office. You could check in your db whether you duplicate entry in contacts, because that might cause some issue when your trying to attach the email to a contact.