Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History display

History display

Will the new Act! 11  give us an option to turn off the history displaying the old history & then the new entry??   I have had the new 2008 Premium since Dec 2007 but have not changed over to it because of this built in feature.   We are still using Act 6.0

Re: History display

JimLin,

Sorry, but I'm not understanding the question.  What doyou mean by "turn off the history displaying the old history & then the new entry"?

See this example of a history:

Field ServiceMemo changed from "Test the notes for the service call - how can we get it to shoup in the notes & history. JL" to "THe new note is here"

You will notice that the history shows first what the field was & then the new note in the field.  We make alot of long notes and it is confusing when the old note is included with the new note.

Hope this explains my problem better.   I would like to be able to turn off the displaying  "changed from .... to"  leaving only the new information.  "THe new note is here"  (see example)

Thanks  JimLin

Platinum Elite Contributor

You will get arguments both ways on the recording of history on an field change. Personally I happen to like having the old and the new entry listed in the history. Other people like having only the old information because the field has the new information. Others, like yourself want only the new information. The only way to resolve the situation would be to have a preference setting that controlled how the history was recorded on a field change. You might want to make a feature request for a future version of the ACT! program.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129