Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History Summary Classic Report for COMPANIES instead of Contacts

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

History Summary Classic Report for COMPANIES instead of Contacts

Hi There,

just startet working with ACT!-Reports and maybe I am overseeing a total easy way. I would like to create a report like the "History Summary Classic Report" but not for single Contacts but for whole companies. Is that possible (either bei adding all contacts of Company together (which most likly will be necessary for the counting of the emails) or directly (as all activities are linked to the companies)?

Glad for any kind of help,

Raphael

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author RKgoon
‎12-22-2017 03:29 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: History Summary Classic Report for COMPANIES instead of Contacts

The History Summary Classic report is a very complex report with most of the work being done with embedded VB script programming and using the report editor for display. Due to limitations in data access built into the ACT! reports a comparable report can't be done foe companies using the ACT! reports. However I've created similar reports for ACT! using the Durkin Impact reports.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author RKgoon
‎12-22-2017 03:29 AM

The History Summary Classic report is a very complex report with most of the work being done with embedded VB script programming and using the report editor for display. Due to limitations in data access built into the ACT! reports a comparable report can't be done foe companies using the ACT! reports. However I've created similar reports for ACT! using the Durkin Impact reports.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you very much. 

Is it complicated to create similar reports with Durkin Impact reports?

The answer is yes and no. The Durkin Impact reports have a significant learning curve but the report you want would be fairly simple. The impact reports include tools that can be embedded in a report. For what you want I would use the pivot grid tool. My suggestion if you plan of creating several report templates then consider putting the effort into learning the Impact reports. On the other hand if you only need a couple specific reports consider out sourcing the creation of the report templates.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129