Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History Reports and Filter Problem

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

History Reports and Filter Problem

I'm trying to accomplish what i believe is a fairly standard task which is to track my daily activity.

That would be meetings, calls, and e-mails, butI'd like to exclude mass e-mails.

I have 2 problems -  first when I try to filter history types, my only choices are all and none. I seem to have lost my filter options. Tech support tried to have me go throught the repair process, which i did, but I still don't have the options.  i do get the options on the demo database, though.

Also, the report I want to create should show:

8:00 - John Smith -   Acme Mfg. E-mail  - details of e-mail (or first 50 characters)

8:15 - Joe Jones -  Joe Jones law Office -  Call  - details of call

8:30  - Ed Taylor - Taylor CPAs - Meeting on office lease

Although I may be wrong, I can't seem to find a report that does this, which I believe should be an essential feature.  Most of what I've read is that I need to get a separate reporting program.

I'd appreciate some drection on this - thanks.

Ken Silberling
Principal
Commercial Florida Realty Services
Boca Raton, FL
www.commfla.com

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author kennyess
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: History Reports and Filter Problem

If you have not yet done so, try upgrading to the 13.1 Service patch.  The issue you are describing is listed as one of the fixes that have been applied. It fixed it on a couple of our hosted database.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Silver Contributor

There have been additional filtering options availaible to VIEW histories made in ACT 2011 (older versions can't even filter these in view). However, It is not possible to filter by history type in ACT reports. This would require an add on.

If you can filter the History views in the demo database, but not in your database, I've been told this is an open issue that requires Database repair by sage.  You might need to contact tech support again on this.

(866)710 4228

John-

Thanks for your reply  -

After another 90 minutes with Tech Support this morning, they asked me to fill out a database repair form and it looks lke they want to charge me to repair may database.

To me it looks like a program glitch and you said it is an open issue, so I don't know whay they would make it my responsiblity. I am extremely frustrated with the outsourced suport department - thay are pretty much useless in my expericence.

And it still seems to me that if I go into a group history tab and filter the histories to include calls, e-mails and appoinments, I will have the repot I am looking for; and can cut and paste into excel. I'm not sure if I can filter out the Swiftpage e-mails which would be another topic.

Ken Silberling
Principal
Boca Raton, FL
www.commfla.com
Solution
Accepted by topic author kennyess
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

If you have not yet done so, try upgrading to the 13.1 Service patch.  The issue you are describing is listed as one of the fixes that have been applied. It fixed it on a couple of our hosted database.

(866)710 4228

Jon-

Thanks for your input.  The Service Pack fixed the problem.

What really frustrates me is that the overseas technical support services that told me my database was corrupt and that I needed to contract for Sage to repair my database at my cost. All this while wasting about 2 hours of my time going through the database repair process and sitting on the phone with a rep in India.

Thanks for the chance to vent - I truly appreciate your help.

Ken Silberling
Principal
Boca Raton, FL
www.commfla.com