Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History Recording Problems - Please Help

History Recording Problems - Please Help

Hi,

We are running Sage Act Pro 2012 on a Windows 7 (64bit) with Office 2010 (32 bit), if we attach an email to Act from within Outlook using the Add in buttons the History is recorded, however if we simply send the email from within Act via Outlook (click on the contacts email address opening an Outlook window and then sending) no History is recorded. I have been through the knowldedge base articles and have checked all the paths, admin rights, cleared the hisroy queue etc but we still have the issue.

All add ins display in outlook and the act address book is present. We have to use outlook since we cannot use the Act email due to our email provider and the limitations of Act email.

Has anyone else come across this problem or does anyone have any further suggestions we could try.

Thank you

Bronze Contributor

Re: History Recording Problems - Please Help

Hello JaimeK.

Several years ago I added a program called eMailConnectPro which gives me more flexibility in handling and integrating with Outlook.  You might want to consider that.

On the other hand, I'm going to ask a basic question, and please forgive me if this is an obvious question.

When setting up Outlook as your eMail client, did you check how to keep history in the E-mail Histgory drop down settings?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

Hi Jnpurdy,

Thanks for that I will look into the emailConnect Pro, no problem sometime its the obvious questions that get overlooked but yes the E-mail History Group settings are all correct.

Thanks

JK

Platinum Super Contributor

When you create an email, look at the ACT! add-in settings. You will see the record history option > what is it set to?
Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you Greg

Problem solved it seems that it only works if Outlook itself is open.

If outlook is closed and you send an email through Act via outlook an Outlook message window opens and you can send the email but no history seems to be recorded in Act presumably because the add ins are only activated when outlook is opened.

Thank you everyone for your replies