Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History Loss

History Loss

I had a problem with ACT 2010,

one afternoon I accessed the database and found the history for all the contacts were all gone, I know they were there in the morning,

Is there a file location to where the history is stored, all the other data is fine.

any help from the admin will be greatly appreciated

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: History Loss

Hello eastcanaan,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. You may not be able to see the history due to filters. Along the top of the history tab, you will see some filtering options. Make sure you select All Types, All Dates, and All Users.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you so much!

It seems so obvious now.

I had the same problem this evening.  Based on Greig’s suggestion, I checked the history filters and all three were set to “All,” so that wasn’t the problem in my case.  I then closed out Act and brought it up again, and all the history records reappeared.

FYI, I’m running Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2.   Immediately prior to losing all of the history records, I had added a secondary contact and clicked  ”Save Changes” on the toolbar at the top of the contact record.  

Greig, I hope you have some suggestions for this.  I’ve been having intermittent problems with losing history records for all contacts (even when all history filters are set to ALL), but I have been able to recover them by closing out Act! and then restarting it. 

This evening I lost all of the history records for ONE SPECIFIC CONTACT (the other contact histories are still there).  This time I was not able to recover, even after closing out Act!.  Is there anything else I can try to get these history entries back? I just sent a test email to this contact and received a reply, and these two new emails are shown correctly in the contact’s history, but the rest of the history is gone. 

Also, is there any way to restore the history for JUST THIS CONTACT from a backup?

I’m running Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2.  I’m on this release because the SP1 fix will not allow me to attach incoming email to history, nor add an attachment to an outgoing email. 

Thanks for your help.