Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History Default Fix (Exponenciel Add-on)

History Default Fix (Exponenciel Add-on)

I have downloaded the Exponenciel History Fix add-on.  I think that it worked automatically in that the default for history is now "call".  I did notice however that I am supposed to have the ability to also specify the next field (completed, attempted) etc.  I have followed the instructions and located the .txt file in the exponenciel folder within program data (Windows 7)  I keep getting an a "access is denied" when I try to save the change.  I have tried it with Act open and closed.  I also right clicked the folder and unchecked "read only".  Nothing seems to allow me to change the .txt file.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: History Default Fix (Exponenciel Add-on)

I did - just haven't heard back yet.  Just thought I might try and see if anyone had a simple fix.  Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Platinum Super Contributor

Certainly Exponenciel will be the best to ask for this; but you may want to try disabling UAC: KB Article 25665

Greg Martin
Sage
Silver Super Contributor

I would reboot the computer and then try and change the file before opening ACT!.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!