Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hide or temporarily remove swift-page email from history

Hide or temporarily remove swift-page email from history

Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyway to hide, or temporarily remove batch sent emails (swift page emails) from the history? We have several contacts within the various companies that we call and every time we send out a batch of emails to the contacts, the swift page email shows in history.

This is a problem when we want to filter them out to see actual email correspondence/calls/appointments with the contacts.

I have tried to filter out email and email sent but this also removes the emails correspondence sent to the client that are not batch emails.

Please can someone suggest the best way to get around this.

Thank you

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Hide or temporarily remove swift-page email from history

Hello Minesh,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

There isn't an option for hiding just the Swiftpage 'E-mail Sent' history items.

As FYI: These history items are used by the Sage E-marketing integration to track the results of the emarketing blasts. If they are removed (deleted), the integration will not be able to match the updates from Swiftpage with the ACT! contacts.
Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

Thank you for quick response.

Is there anyway around this, such as:

1. Adding definition of "email sent (swift email)" instead of the just "email sent" in the Result field so that one could filter out these batch sent emails.

2. Only showing the subject' of the batch email instead of the whole tag. This would be easier on the eye.

The problem this is causing, is that it is so easy to overlook a correspondence email or phone call when a client calls up and you have to quicly get a gist for the last few communications with the client.

Surely, there must be a way around this as I doubt we are the only people who use SAGE ACT in this way.

Thanks again.

Platinum Super Contributor

I can certainly understand how they can push other history items out of view.  Unfortunately there isn't an option to change the Result text and removing the details (can't be hidden) would break the integration tracking.  At this time, I'm not aware of a work-around to reduce the footprint of the Swiftpage history items.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks Greg.

I hope that the ACT! developers will add this functionality soon.

regards,

Minesh

Hi Minesh,

Within ACT! if click on the E-marketing icon then on the account button.  Within this area there's a checkbox for "Save in History". I'm sure this is currently checked in your account since this is the default. However, you are able to uncheck that option so that history is not written into your ACT! database.  

Greg's comment above about the purpose of the history keeping this integration tracking is true. Any sends done with this option unchecked, will not be tracked and it is not possible get the history back later. So you'll just want to make sure it's what you want to do.

Hope that helps!

Hi Audrey,

Some of the record managers use that swift page email in the history and some of us don't, so the option of unchecking "save in history" would not work for our set up.

I was hoping for a way to satisfy both groups of our record managers work styles'.

THanks anyway.

Bronze Super Contributor

Just had a query from a client regarding this, would be great if we could filter out  various types of emails, such as Swiftpage emails.

Ben.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who would find this extra functionality useful!

Copper Super Contributor

I have a customer that sends out thousands of Swiftpage Emails on a daily basis. Trying to report on that or without that is tedious, time-consuming, and sometimes database crashing.

What I have come up with for them is Topline Dash dashboards that filter out all the Swiftpage Emails. I start the dashboard with a History Query and, in the query, first filter out Swiftpage emails and then include the other criteria they need for the dashboard - time frame, record manager, etc.

I also recommended they change the way they do marketing - one person responsible for Swiftpage sends to a focused group of contacts vs (the way they did it)letting every sales rep and customer service rep have access to Swiftpage and sending an email to anyone in the database with an email address.

Long way of saying - take a look at Topline Dash.
Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com