Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hide Contacts and Companies from User

Hide Contacts and Companies from User

Hello and Good morning,

So i have a bit of an issue so far in creating a database.

Just last Thursday I was given the task to help my company setup a database and learn the ACT Database Software.

There were a few issues we have had in regards to a seperate file manager program that I was able to get taken care of.

Anyway, my employer wants the database setup with all companies and contacts that we had prior contact/business with.

It is a fitness company and has a wide array of individual contacts for a personal training basis, to large companies that we use to purchase replacement parts and maintenance for other facilities.

With that tad bit of background information the issue I have yet to fix is that my employer wants to have several users on the database, 3 administrative users that can access all information and not be restricted to any of it, and 1 user that has limited access. By limited access I don't mean read only access but to have the specified contacts/companies/notes/whatever hidden unable to be search for or be viewed.

I have played around with making things private and playing with the security roles of users but that doesn't seem to solve the issue.

Are there any exisiting threads that explain this process or any information to help out on this subject?

I will not be able to get access to the software again until Thursday and I don't know the exact version of the software we have but I should be able get that information updated at some point today.

For the time being, would this be possible without the premium version or is this a task that is only able to be done in the premium version?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Brett

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Hide Contacts and Companies from User

What you want can onlu be done with the premium version.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

So given that we have the premium version, what is the protocol to set this type of system up?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Go to Help or the Knowlwdge base and look up Limited Access.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129