Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Here we go again --Smart Tasks debacle

Nickel Contributor

Here we go again --Smart Tasks debacle

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

Can someone explain to me if I put this Information in the Smart Task Conditions:

Contact  in the type field

Wedding Anniversary in the Field Name

Within Next[days] in Operator Field

7 in the Value field

it doesn't work, but if I put this in Smart Task Conditions:

Contact  in the type field

Wedding Anniversary in the Field Name

On or Before in Operator Field           ****** this field is different from above****

Today in the Value field                       ****** this field is different from above****

It works?

The top example is the exact same thing as the Birthday reminder that Sage provided, but it doesn't work!

This is maddening....  Has Sage gone mad or have I?

This is disgusting.

PG

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Here we go again --Smart Tasks debacle

I have been unable to get the smart tasks to work properly since the day they where introduced, have long time ago given up on it

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Nickel Contributor

Yeah.  I will NOT recommend this program to anyone unless they fix this or come out with a "how to" on how this works(if I am doing it wrong). 

So sad.  Uggh. I am so revolted. 

Why would I want to pay for a program that doesn't work?  Every single aspect of a program sold to the public must work if they want to put it out there to sell.

Gosh darnit! Just when I thought that I could "trust" some company to get it right, here comes another one only making a claim it does.

Copper Contributor

How is it possible that Act! has failed so miserably to include a simple workflow feature.

Why are folks still settling for Activity Series in 2012.

I bought 2011 thinking that at long last Sage was going to add workflow features, the introduction was terribly disappointing but I thought the developers needed more time, we are now in the 2013 version and it's not getting any better.

What baffles me most is why only a few Act! users complain on this forum?

Nickel Contributor

Yeah, this is supposedly one of their flagship features and it doesn't work sometimes AT ALL.  Sometimes I get 3-5 multiple activits and if I choose "Run only once for any record", nothing shows up.

As my father used to say "Makes no sense to me".

They should ALL be fired for producing this lemon. HOW DARE THEY market a product that doesn't work.

I finally figured out how to fix this issue. What you need to do is go under tools. Define fields. Next to the field that you are trying to run a smart task for, make sure that it's set to "annual event". This should solve your problem.

Any event or date that you want to run a smart task for, you HAVE TO CHOOSE "ANNUAL EVENT" for it to work NOT date.