Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help!

Help!

I've been using Act 2009 for about 6 months.  Of late, I get the following error message when responding to an email (in Outlook) - "ACT - Interface not registered".  I'm using Act 2009 and Outlook 2003.  Thanks in advance!  Paul

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Help!

This could be due to an unregistered .dll file. Follow the steps in KB 23311 to register the redemption.dll file.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks Greig!  I tried the steps you mentioned and I still get the same error message.  My error message is # 80040155 (the steps you mentioned were for error message # 8004054) – let me know if you any other suggestions!  Thanks again!  Paul

Then it may be another .dll file that is not registered. Try following the steps in Microsoft KB 870707 to register the Ole32.dll file

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

JMW

We had the same problem on the PC run by our database administrator. I tried the dll registrations suggested on this forum thread but they did not fix it. Then called Sage in the UK to see if they could suggest a solution. Unfortunately, they just advised that it was an Outlook problem (though the message box has an Act!  identity on it), and could not advise what to do with it. As a last resort, I was going to un-instal and re-instal Outlook, but a later thread on this forum for Office 2010, with exactly the same error message (http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Outlook-integration/td-p/115540) included a post saying the member had re-installed Office 2010 from the media and it did not fix the problem, which was quite discouraging, so I didn't try that. Finally, without really believing it would work, I ran the "repair" option on the Office 2003 install disks, and to my surprise it fixed the problem!!!!

[ Edited ]

Hello JMW,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Thank you for posting your solution to this issue - I'm sure readers of this thread experiencing the same issue will benefit from it. We look forward to your future contributions!

Greig Hollister