Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help with compatibility issues with Act! 2010

Help with compatibility issues with Act! 2010

I have Act 2010 installed.  I have used it for 3 years now, and i want to like it, but i have problems with it all the time.  Now, i've installed office 2013 and i can't use word as my word processor.  I downloaded a trial program that let me use it, but the trial has run out and wouldn't you know it, i've forgotten where I got it.  It wasn't Designr, because theirs only supports back to Act! 2011.  If anyone could help me or tell me where to look on my computer i would sure appreciate it.  Also, I have read that Act! 2013 is compatible with Office 2013.  Is this true?  Is there any way for me to upgrade to 2013?  And if so, Is 2013 as difficult to love as 2010?  I guess that's a objective thing though.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Help with compatibility issues with Act! 2010

You will need to upgrade to Act! v16 to use Office 2013. Microsoft changed the 'rules of engagement' with their Office 2013 API!

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

So, ACT 2013 is NOT compatible with word 2013?  Thank you for replying, because i was just getting ready to upgrade to 2013!  I'm still looking for the name of the add on, plug in or what ever you call it that makes 2010 work with word 2013.  I know there is one, because i have been using the trial.  I can't believe i forgot where i got it.  I thought i saw it on a link some where here in the community, but i can't find it to save my life.  Does anyone know where i could look on my computer to maybe see the name?

Nickel Super Contributor

http://www.designr1.com/shop/office-2013-pack/

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com