Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help with a Lookup

Help with a Lookup

I want to figure out a way to lookup contacts bases on when their last NOTE was entered, but I want to include other filters/limits as well.  For example, I would like to limit my results based on the CREATEDATE and maybe some other fields, THEN I want to see if any of them have NOT had a NOTE entry in the past 90 days.  Any ideas on this?

Re: Help with a Lookup

Sorry, forgot to mention this is ACT! 2012.

Platinum Elite Contributor

You can get the main part of what you want using Lookup | Contact Activity.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

The issue is that I can't further limit that lookup.  I have thousands of contacts, and I want to be able to limit to only contacts that have a create date of less than X days.  Lookup | Contact Activity does  not actually create a lookup that can be further limited.

Platinum Elite Contributor

In the list view you can then sort by the create date and select the desired contacts and create a lookup from that. This is the best there is because there isn't any way to create the lookup you want where its based on two tables.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks very much for the info.  This is what I was doing, but I thought there would be a way to get what I need.  You saved me a bunch of time by confirming that it can't be done.  Thanks again!