Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help with Problem with Tool/Menu Bar

GDA

Help with Problem with Tool/Menu Bar

Hi
I am using ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162, Hotfix 1, with a P4 3.0 with 2 gigs of ram. I am not sure about the amount of ram on the video card. The problem is that the Menu /Tool bar goes black from startup of the program. I can mouse over the titles and see them, most of the icons are there. It functions but is a pain to have to be able mouse over to find the menu item. The problem seems to go away when i reboot the machine - but not always. Any ideas? Not enuf video ram? Too many programs open? Check out the screenshot
Thanks for any help!! Does not seem to be any reference on the KB.....
Gary
Also - When I close act - it say it has to close !!!

Copper Contributor

Re: Help with Problem with Tool/Menu Bar

Hi Gary,

It sounds to me like you might have some corrupt preferences.  Have you tried deleting prefs?  See AJones instructions on manually deleting all preferences in this thread (message 5 of 8):

HTH,
jason
Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007

This might also be a video refresh problem.  ACT doesn't like it if the video hardware acceleration is on.;  You can turn it off by right cliciking on your desktop and choosing properties.  Then go to settings tab, choose Advanced and then find the troubleshoot tab.  you should see where you can change the hardware acceleration from full to none.  Worked for me when i was having display issues.
GDA

I did not try the pref changes. I did not want to mess with that. I did try turning off the hardware acceleration - that seems to work.
Thanks
Gary