Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help with Assigning a user to send letter in Act 2011 Pro

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Help with Assigning a user to send letter in Act 2011 Pro

We have 5 Licenses of Sage Act 2011 Pro

I have followed instructions for setting up Act on the Server to centralize the company Database. We only want to use one main database not differing databases.

At the moment I have registered two licenses and assigned them as users. to the DB.

When the database is open on two separate computers, the first user, correctly fills the username into send letter in mail merge.

The Second registered user when choosing to send a letter, the automatic user information is the first registered user. Not what we require.

I have searched extensively and can not find how to set each Registered user, on there  own computers to Automatically Fill in the correct user.

Naturally each machine sending letters or mail shots needs to be the person sending it, not the first user only.

Can you please tell me how to assign each User on one Central Database to use there name and details when sending a letter function.

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Help with Assigning a user to send letter in Act 2011 Pro

What you need to di is create an ACT user for each person.  This is done through tools, define users.  Once you do this, each person will be able to log in as them self.  Once each user gets loged in, go to lookup, my record, this is the record where the information for that user comes from when you write a letter.

Once you do that, here is a document (CLICK HERE) which further describes how to create a document template in ACT for merging.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

What you need to di is create an ACT user for each person.  This is done through tools, define users.  Once you do this, each person will be able to log in as them self.  Once each user gets loged in, go to lookup, my record, this is the record where the information for that user comes from when you write a letter.

Once you do that, here is a document (CLICK HERE) which further describes how to create a document template in ACT for merging.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Many Thanks Jon.
It now works correctly Smiley Wink

Andy