12-12-2008 08:18 AM
Hi, we recently upgraded to the new version of Act. Though we are familiar with the program, we have some questions with the new version:
1. We have 3 computers that are networked- though we can schedule activities for each other, there seems to be an issue with the 'notes' being synchronized. No one can see the other person's recent notes, which is a problem since we keep double calling our customers
2. the tag mode: in the past, it was quick and simple- we would press tag mode, quickly type in the first few letters of the customer, once the name shows up we would click it which would result in a plus sign near the name etc.. now we can't seem to figure out the system; it doesn't allow us to quickly type in a name- since it's not alphabatized, it's impossible to scroll through thousands of names on the database to find the one we need. It also automatically includes the contact once the mouse accidentally highlights the name.. there must be a simple way to do this
3. The cover sheet for the faxes no longer list the contact company- it only states the name of the person, without including their company name.
4. how do we fix margins and the font size in the body of the fax cover page
12-17-2008 07:00 AM
1. Check Select User filters in the notes tab.
2. Click on the Contact column header to sort the names alphabetically. You can also go to Edit > Sort.
3. You can customize the Fax Cover page to include additional fields (Write > Edit Template).
4. Edit the template and go to File > Page Setup to change margins.
12-17-2008 07:16 AM
Thank you for responding.All your suggestions worked.
I jstill have a question regarding the fax template though. According to the book a 'mail merge' box should pop up with the fields I can can add to the templates.However, nothing pops up and when I try to add it manually it doesn't show up on the faxes printed.
Thanx again for your time and help.