Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help with ACT Registration Process for Re-install

Help with ACT Registration Process for Re-install

Hi. I'm in a small office with ACT 2008 (10.0) installed on a server and five desktops. One of the desktops went down last week & our outside IT people wiped everything on that machine & reinstalled Windows / all programs. When I try to put that computer's ACT license number in to register, I receive the error "The Registration Process Has Detected That Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition is Installed but the current serial number prevents access..." It also says to uninstall SQL and use disc 1 to reinstall and register.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled SQL using the dependencies folder on the disc (per Customer Support Answer ID 21681). I have uninstalled and reinstalled ACT. Nothing is working. I continue to receive the same message...and when I run "actdiag" it continues to tell me it cannot connect to the SQL Server Instance.

I am able to use the "trial period" to access the database..but obviously need to fix the real problem before the trial runs out.

I would really appreciate any help or ideas! Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Help with ACT Registration Process for Re-install

Hello LAS7118,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. It may be that a manual uninstall of ACT! and SQL is needed. Please see KB Article 21959 for instructions. After the manual uninstall, reboot the machine, then follow the steps in KB Article 19386 to create the ACT7 instance of SQL. Then reinstall ACT! and try the activation.

Also, if you could send me your serial number in a Private Message, I can verify it to make sure there are no issues. To send me a Private Message, click my user name on the left, then click "Send this user a private message" on the right.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.