Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help viewing items in History Summary Classic Report

Help viewing items in History Summary Classic Report

HELP!

Please let me preface this by saying that I'm not the best with computers - and this program is driving me nuts!  All I need this program to do is to count the total numbers of calls and emails that I make to my contacts over a certain period of time.

Let me share with you how I've been recording my calls, which may be the problem.  I have companies with multiple contacts that I deal with, and having the call connected with the person is not as important as having it connected with the company.  After a call, I will click on the proper company.  From there, I will click on the "Record History" box and record the call as "call" and result as "call completed".  This call and its notes will then be recorded and shown.  My emails populate automatically, as I managed to sync it up with Outlook.

All I need is to be able to find a report that will allow me to see how many calls and emails that I recorded with each company on a month to month basis.  I looked through all the canned reports and can't find anything.  I get some rather bizarre results when I try to run some of these reports.

Can anyone help me out!?!?  I searched through this forum and could not find a relevant post to help me.  Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Re: Help viewing items in History Summary Classic Report

I do not have an answer but if it helps, I am having the same issue.  try answer id 11304 in the knowledge base.  it has not worked for me yet but so far it is the best answer I have found.....other then having to be forced to pay someone $200 an hour to do it for you.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello 'actidiot' (nice name),

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

To have only the contacts that are associated with a particular Company display on the History Summary Classic report, from the Companies List view right click on the desired Company and select 'Create Lookup'.  This will take you to the Contact List screen, from here access the Reports > History Summary Classic report and select 'Current Lookup'.  This will produce the report for only the contacts listed on the Contact List screen (linked contacts for the Company).

Should you need to update your History Summary Classic report to count a different type of result, visit this community post for steps to replace existing types with other types: Replace existing type with another.

Smakatura, I see you have already located this other post.

Greg Martin
Sage

Greg - Thanks so much!  That worked perfectly for me!

Smakatura - I discovered that I was not entering my calls in a manner that they were being counted in these reports.  I needed to be sure to complete the "Contact" field in the "Record History" section (FYI - that field is blank unless you maually change it).  Once I did that the calls were captured and counted towards my totals.  Good luck - I know that this can be frusturating Smiley Happy