Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help setting up email

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Help setting up email

Good morning everyone,

I'm trying to send an email to a group of 510 contacts. When I go to Write>Email Message it says the email system is not set up. When I try going through the set up process, and it asks me to select which email system I would like to use with Act!, there are none available to choose from. 

Here are my specs:

• Act! Premium Version 18.1
  • Microsoft Office Version: 1705
  • Shared Database
  • Windows 7
  • Outlook ver. 16

Thanks!

Tina

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎07-13-2017 09:03 AM

Re: Help setting up email

I would recommend just going to write - email message like you were before and when prompted to setup the email system you should have the options back.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hi TinaA

It sounds to me like you are describing the recent issue cause by and Outlook update. I have provided an article below of effected builds and there is a resolution which involves renaming a conflicting file.

38580 Microsoft Outlook synchronization is not working when using Act! with Outlook 2016

I hope this resolve your issue.

Copper Contributor

Thanks Horn! I will try this.

How do I test it using Outlook synchronization? I only see sync calendar with Act and sync contacts with Act. Forgive me I'm really new to the software and I want to be sure of what I'm doing.

Tina

Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎07-13-2017 09:03 AM

I would recommend just going to write - email message like you were before and when prompted to setup the email system you should have the options back.

Tuned Listener

I'm having the same issue using MS Office 365 and ACT 2013 Pro. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi @wn3545

Can you confirm the build of Office you are using, this can be found from File > Office Account > About Outlook and provide the section which shows: (16.0.4549.1000) 32 Bit.

Tuned Listener

I'm using Office 365. Version 1707 (Build 8326.2076). This problem began after a MS update.

Thanks

V15 (2013) would not be compatible with Office 2016 which could cause features to not work correctly or application crashing. 

I would have to recommend updating to a later compatible version of Act!

KB 29767 - Act! Compatibility Matrix

Tuned Listener

OK I understand. Would that also be the reason that the Alarm field opens every time I schedule a call for the current day?

Thanks

I am not aware of this being an issue. but it may have been fixed in an update. KB 36573 - What issues have been fixed in Act! updates?