Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help making ACT work with Excel - Attachments with email templates?

Help making ACT work with Excel - Attachments with email templates?

Hello. I hope someone can shed some light on this problem I have, since our ACT "guru" has just left us. When we schedule an estimate for a possible customer, my job is to assess their roof before our sales rep actually goes to the home. I create this report in Excel (example HERE ). I then email a screenshot of the ACT contact's detail page, along with my excel report to the sales rep that has that activity scheduled. Is there any way I can either 1) Attach the excel report to the actual contact, and then make an email template to send with document attached? or even 2) Create a spreadsheet that can draw certain field's data from the current Contact Detail? Either one would help me tremendously along with ANYTHING else you can think of; we've been struggling to find an answer and nobody currently employed really knows ACT. Any suggestions / help is appreciated. Thanks,

KM

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Help making ACT work with Excel - Attachments with email templates?

Hi,

I am not sure if what you want is to merge Excel documents with ACT fields (as most of us use to do with Word documents.

But if this is what you are looking for I use the add-on "Excel Templates with Quote Invoice Maker" from Exponenciel.

Simple to use and works fine.

There is also a free trial version.

You may find it at http://www.exponenciel.com/index.aspx

I hope this helps.

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE
Nickel Elite Contributor

KM -

You *can* do both, but Jorge's suggestion is a more complete solution.  Basically, along with the invoice, that program allows you to create Excel templates and mail merge "docs" just like ACT! currently does with Word.  I've implemented it quite a bit with clients.

Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Thank you very much, to the both of you. This add-on helped me out tremendously. Now I'm going to work out a way to create the report within a tab on my contact detail layout. =) Sorry its taken me so long to reply.

KM

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi KM,

Good to know that my answer helped you.

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE