Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help defining Group members

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Help defining Group members

I have tried to create a Group of Insurance Agents within specific set of Zip Codes.

I have defined the zip codes within a county by Field Code/Zip Code: Operator/Starts With: Value (the Zip Code) Or .

Then I have defined the Agent by Field type/Contacts: Field Name/Title: Opperator/Equal: Value/Agent: Both And and then with Or

The resuts are all contacts within those zip codes reguardless of their Titles.

How can I limit this group to only agents within these Zip Codes?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rmalone
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Help defining Group members

Thanks for the help. 

Understanding that a search equation makes mathematical sense is a revelation to me.  But then I am new to this. 

Once again

Thank you

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Contributor

Hi Malone.

I would use the advanced lookup feature so that you can repeat the lookup with the same set of criteria.  The problem with groups is that unless you keep adding members to the group, they become outdated almost immediately.

There will be two sections in the lookup:

1.       Zip CodesLook up all the zip codes you want by using the “or” at the end of each line

2.       Once all the zip codes are entered, you will need to surround the first and last with parantheses. 

3.       After the last one, you will use the “and”

4.       ID/StatusLook up all the ID/Status codes that contain “agent”.  That will restrict the lookup to the zip codes AND agent in the ID/Status. 

Make sure you save the lookup.  You will then use the lookup for the activity you have planned (eMail blast, letter merge, phone blast, Excel export, etc.)

If I have overlooked something, I'm sure one of the consultants on the board will refine the above to make more sense.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Solution
Accepted by topic author rmalone
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Thanks for the help. 

Understanding that a search equation makes mathematical sense is a revelation to me.  But then I am new to this. 

Once again

Thank you

Hi-

I was having the same problem and came across this post.  I had never notced the two columns in the advanced search dialog that contained the open and the closed parentihesis.  I was searching on two zip codes within one ID/Status. I added the open parenthesis before the first zip code and the closed patrenthesis after the last and it worked great.

My forum search was Advanced Lookup And Or. Hopefully this will help more people having the same problem.

Thanks again even though you solved today's problem over a year ago !

Ken Silberling
Principal
Commercial Florida Realty Services
Boca Raton, FL
www.commfla.com