Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help! We were able to access the database and then out of the blue we received this error. It is just me and another girl in the office not techs

Help! We were able to access the database and then out of the blue we received this error. It is just me and another girl in the office not techs

We have tried everything and are completed stuck. I have attached a file with the error message if anyone could be so kind as to take a look and maybe point us in the right direction. We have unshared and shared and nothing.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Help! We were able to access the database and then out of the blue we received this error. It is just me and another girl in the office not techs

I'm guessing you have the database on one machine and you have more than one machine accessing it?
If so, do you get this error on the machine with the database?

I looks like the IP addresses or machine names might have changed on your network.
Administrator

Re: Help! We were able to access the database and then out of the blue we received this error. It is just me and another girl in the office not techs

Hi Gina,

As Mike suggests above, this could be happening due to the server changing IP, or machine name.
There are also a couple of other things that may cause this error. The following Knowledgebase article gives more details and suggests solutions for them: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30560
Bronze Elite Contributor

Before you do anything else reboot your server (Or where the ACT database is located.)

Then reboot your machines and try again. I think it unlikely that the server would change IP address on its own so a reboot will restart services like SQL and also reconnect to the network