Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help Topics/Display Map Opens Then Immediately Closes

Help Topics/Display Map Opens Then Immediately Closes

I use Act! Pro Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3. When I click on "Help Topics" under Help a Windows opens and immediately closes, almost too fast to see, the same thing happens when I click on the Display Map icon. If I open Internet Explorer prior to selecting these it opens properly. I do see that there are folders and files in the folder C:\ProgramData\SwiftPage ACT! LLC\Act!\17.1.169.0\WebHelp\.

It worked flawlessly in my earlier version. 

Why would it do that, and what can I do to make it work without previously opening IE? 

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Help Topics/Display Map Opens Then Immediately Closes

Question: Is Internet Explorer 11.0.9 your default browser?

1.png2.png3.png

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com

Juan Carlos, thanks for answering! No, I use Chrome. I'll switch to IE and see if that solves the problem. 

Nope, does the same thing after I made IE 11 the default browser. Just pops open for a split second then goes away. 

Administrator

This is quite odd, I haven't heard of this issue before.

Could you test to see if the issue occurs in another Windows user, or on another PC?

I only have one copy of Act! no one else in my office uses Act! And that's why everyone asks me for our customer's phone numbersSmiley Happy

We did a change over from XP to Win 7 last October, prior to that I used the map feature a lot without any issue. I "moved" Act! to this computer and the Help and map features haven't worked properly since.

Administrator

[ Edited ]

It be worth setting IE's advanced internet options back to default, as per the screenshot below, and testing again:

iexplore_2016-03-16_16-42-48.png

What version of IE do you have installed? 

If you're already on IE11, a reinstall of IE would also be worth trying. Here's a 3rd party article with some helpful steps to do this.

If this still does not resolve the issue, then perhaps some of the supporting files or setting in Act were not correctly updated during your Windows OS upgrade, and a reinstall of Act might be required.

Of course, make sure you have your database and files entirely backed up before uninstalling.