Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help: Sharing Databases

Help: Sharing Databases

Hi Everyone,

I'm brand new to Sage Act!, this is my first time using the product. I've got ACT installed on three computers, for two users, with the appropriate number of licenses.

My database is housed on my desktop, but I'd like to be able to access it from my two laptops. All the computers are on the same router (wireless d-link) and are all running Windows 7. The only differences are the anti-virus programs, with my desktop running McAfee and my laptop running Kaspersky and my other laptop AGV Free.

I've followed the online resources pretty closely, and have shared the databases and dispersed the PAD file; but when I open them on either of the laptops I get the following response:

"the "seanxps-pc" computer could not be reached because the port "1434" may be blocked. opening the port or reconfiguring your firewall settings may resolve this issue"

I've attempted to add to port to McAfee, as well as added ACT and all it's associated programs as allowed full access; I've even gone so far as to turn off the firewall for 10 minutes and trying to connect to the PAD when the firewall was disabled...still no success.

If anyone can provide some guidance, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nickel Contributor

Re: Help: Sharing Databases

Have you opened up that port in the Windows firewall? Based on what you described, it seems like you haven't. This link gives a brief walkthrough of how you can do that.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Open-a-port-in-Windows-Firewall

Hope this helps.