Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help Scheduling activities with other contacts

Help Scheduling activities with other contacts

I am an ACT! neophyte using Act! 2007 9.0.  it's a shared database through my company.  This is my workflow the question is at the end.  I click on schedule and activity, select the activity, select contacts next to schedule with others,  How do I get that list to show by first name?????? we have 1000 employees who i know by first name vs last.  Thank you for any help you can provide, i am sorry to bore the board with this but ACT! has never responded to my help requests.

Re: Help Scheduling activities with other contacts

Hello klnbme,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!  

Unfortunatly, the contact list that displays within the schedule activities screen cannot be sorted by first name.  The sort is limited to last name or company name.

Thanks.

Nickel Contributor

You can customize columns in the contact list to display first and last name. move these columns to the first and second position and click on the column header to sort by that column. So you now have a contact list sorted by first name.

find the contact you want to schedule something for and right click on that contact and select schedule in the context menu. There ya go.

Matt

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

Thank you Matt, but I'm past hte contact list and scheduling through activities.  I can not add columns or sort.  Appreciate your time.  I'm just not a fan of ACT! and this is one of many reasons, I was really hoping it was me and not the program.
Nickel Contributor

Sorry i misinterprested your issue when i first read your post. DLunceford is correct. That list is only sorted by last name or company name.

You can request the feature here http://www.act.com/community/feature/index.cfm  This database is reviewed regularly by Sage for possible inclusion in futre updates.

Matt

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA