Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help - Print ID/Status list?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Help - Print ID/Status list?

I'm running ACT! 2010 on a Windows XP Pro SP3.  Is there a way to print the ID/Status list?   We use the ID/Status to set Tenants, Consultants, Sub Contractors, Clients, prospects, etc.  We're just getting started entering data, with a lot of contacts not assigned.  I wanted to print the list for reference to make sure we don't have duplicates or extraneous categories.  I also want to print a list to double check that we have groups set up correctly. 

I can't find it anywhere on the progrem help or online.

I've tried to edit the list and then copy to excel, but no-go.  I've also run a group report, but that only generates the groups that have been created and set up to search for a particular ID/Status.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Help - Print ID/Status list?

I am not entirely clear as to exactly what you are asking, but will take a crack...

If you are interested in printing a list of what values are currently included in the drop down list for the ID/Status field, then you can go into Define Fields from the Tools menu (need to be an Admin or Manager User in Act!).

Then click Manage Drop Down Lists on the left side.  From there select the drop down list you want (likely Contact ID/Status) and double click to open the editor and then click Next.

In that screen, on the left you can select Export Drop Down List Items.  This will export the values to a text file which you could open in Notepad or even in Excel I suppose.

If rather what you are asking is to see what the current ID/Status values assigned to the contacts is, then likely the simplest approach is to go to your contact list  view in Act!.  On the far right at the top, just above the field names, click options and then Customize columns.    Add ID/Status to the visible fields (it might already be there)  and click OK.

You can move the columns around by clicking the column heading and dragging left or right to place where desired.

You can also sort on ID/Status clicking its heading in the heading bar.

Now export your list to Excel by clicking the third button from the right in the mini-button bar at the top (just below the 'Big Easy' buttons) and you have your contacts in excel for review...

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

I am not entirely clear as to exactly what you are asking, but will take a crack...

If you are interested in printing a list of what values are currently included in the drop down list for the ID/Status field, then you can go into Define Fields from the Tools menu (need to be an Admin or Manager User in Act!).

Then click Manage Drop Down Lists on the left side.  From there select the drop down list you want (likely Contact ID/Status) and double click to open the editor and then click Next.

In that screen, on the left you can select Export Drop Down List Items.  This will export the values to a text file which you could open in Notepad or even in Excel I suppose.

If rather what you are asking is to see what the current ID/Status values assigned to the contacts is, then likely the simplest approach is to go to your contact list  view in Act!.  On the far right at the top, just above the field names, click options and then Customize columns.    Add ID/Status to the visible fields (it might already be there)  and click OK.

You can move the columns around by clicking the column heading and dragging left or right to place where desired.

You can also sort on ID/Status clicking its heading in the heading bar.

Now export your list to Excel by clicking the third button from the right in the mini-button bar at the top (just below the 'Big Easy' buttons) and you have your contacts in excel for review...

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the response!  I was looking for the "Export Drop Down List Items" solution.  Very much appreciated!

Bronze Super Contributor