Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help Please

ATS

Help Please

[ Edited ]

Hi,

we are getting a Resolution of the dependency failed, Type="Act.​UI.ActAppl​ication error after upgrading from ACT 2011 to 2012, I have viewed the previous posts and tried replacing the tahoma fonts, tried Deleting the DependentDlls.xml file, Renamed folders ie "Act DataOLD", Manually Rebuild ACT! Preference Files

still no luck, it works on all the other PC's we have but as Murphy’s law has it, it is my bosses computer I am getting this problem on.

The machine is windows XP Professional SP3. May also be worth mentioning the database is stored on a server not the local PC. We get the error before the program starts so can not even select a database to open.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Silver Contributor

Re: Help Please

Try renaming hte plugins folder. Also, can you open any other databases?

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

ATS

Hi There,

Renaming the plugins folder made no difference. I am not able to open any databases at all. Have tried several.

Thanks.

ATS

The error is:

Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Act.UI.ActApplication", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: Method 'get_CanEnableIme' on type 'System.Windows.Forms.Integration.ElementHost' from assembly 'WindowsFormsIntegration, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' is overriding a method that is not visible from that assembly.

Any help to get around this will be much appreciated

Thanks.

Bronze Contributor

I would try opening a database on the local machine first ACTdemo and then if this opens you may have a firewall issue connecting to the server database. If it does not open the local database then it sounds like it could be an SQL problem

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Super Contributor

Try this KB article:

Do all of it, even the steps you have *DONE* before.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25865/

Silver Super Contributor

I think you have a bad install of .NET 3.5.  I would try uninstalling and reinstalling it and see if that fixes it.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
ATS

Hi we got frustrated and formated the hdd and started from a fresh install. It is working now but still have to load other apps. We did not try this suggestion, we were trying to remove all sorts off things to try and resolve then ended up buggering other applications. Of all the software we use this package causes so much frustration, every time we install or up
Grade. Thanks for all the suggestions.