Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help Please: ACT v21

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Help Please: ACT v21

OK, so you have a master database on computer 1

A remote database on computer 2

You have renamed computer 2 

"I did rename the #2 computer in the reset. But I did specify the new name in the remote data base target..    Could that be my issue?"

Can you confirm where you did this as on the remote database computer you need to have the ACT main database computer listed under Manage Main Database Location.

[ Edited ]

I named the latest database at the main #1 before storing in a flash drive, then imported to the #2 remote computer.

SQL Server Agent (act7) is set to automatic, but when I try to start it, it reports "started and then stopped. Some services stop if not in use by other programs..."

Yesterday the main #1 showed up as pert of the network on #2 remote. Today it does not.

Should I reset networks connections to default and start again?  Possibly delete all DB records from #2 remote and reload a new copy from #1?

I really appreciate the patience and assistance from this group!  Thank you.

Nickel Contributor

I have also read that you may get this error message when you have a version mismatch between your Act! installations.

Worth checking (Help|About Act!) to confirm. 

Silver Super Contributor

First please do not worry about SQLAgent$ACT7. This is not the SQL ACT7 instance and is not needed to run or sync ACT.

So the remote copy of the database is up and running on the 2nd PC but you get a failure notice when trying to sync?

You have also lost the network connection back to the first PC so this needs fixing before anything else.

Once the network is restored you can try again and from that I have read this is not a managed network but more a peer to peer configuration.

Once the network is working are you able to browse from one  PC (Laptop) to the other and copy files? ( I ask this as you had to use a memory stick to copy the RDB file rather than simply copy to your 2nd PC>) If not then you will not be able to sync either so this will point to network and permissions. If you can then we need to look at the sync setup again.

Thank you! Will look at that.

yes, that makes sense.  I will get the network up before seeking further help on syncing.  Thank you.

"Now I've tried this, to get these computers to see each other... as I am on the latest version of win10 on both computers:

Hi, for some reason, Microsoft removed the homegroup functionality from Windows 10 version 1803, please try this workaround:

Click your Start Button, type Services and hit Enter

When the Services app opens, scroll down to find the following services, then double click each one in turn, set their startup type to Automatic and start the service if necessary

1. Function Discovery Provider Host

2. Function Discovery Resource Publication

3. SSDP Discovery

4. UPnP Device Host

Save that and close the Services app

That's It!"

I still have no communication in act!.

Ahhh!

I do have a difference in the versions of act!  (downloaded act! to the remote computer two weeks after downloading to the main computer)

Remote is 21.1.187.0, Update 4;  The other (main) is 21.1.187.0

Are there updates available in pro anymore, or would I download the whole thing again?

@mrogers wrote:

I have also read that you may get this error message when you have a version mismatch between your Act! installations.

Worth checking (Help|About Act!) to confirm. 

Nickel Contributor

You can download the updates from here:

Act! Pro v21 Downloads

Thanks for that.

They are now running same version/update. Still "unable to connect to the sync server...."

Accept incoming sync is checked on main.