Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help: Missing activities after moving ACT 2009 v11 database

Help: Missing activities after moving ACT 2009 v11 database

Hello All

I am an ACT newbie and intern for a retirement planing company that uses ACT 2009 v11.  I have been asked to move their ACT database from an old machine that is giving them the BSOD to a new machine.  Due to the size of the database (16gb of excel, word and pdf files)  I could not do the back up and restore method for moving.  I detatched the database in actdiag and copied the .ADL, .ADF, and database files to a new install on the new machine, following the directions Sage provided in the requiste knowledge base article for such a thing. The new OS is Windows 7 Ultimate, and the old OS is windows XP Pro.  The version of ACT is the same 2009 v11 as the original.  After the move all the contacts and data is there except for the activites and events that where on their calander.  They rely heavily on this feature. and their calendar shows only recurring events such as holidays and such.  I  have tried doing a back up of just the database files, so that I could do the back up and restore method, yet the same thing occured.  I am stumped, but I am a newb so that isnt too hard to do.  If any one has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to the community in advance for your time and consideration.

NOTE:  The install on the new machine we are moving to is not yet registered.  not sure if it matters, but wanted to include as much information as possible. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Help: Missing activities after moving ACT 2009 v11 database

Hello lorddavus,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If they are only seeing some of the activities, the first thing I would check is the filters for the calendar and task list views. Make sure they set to show all types, all dates, and all users. Also, check the Options in the upper right corner of the calendar and task list views - make sure the proper options are selected or deselected.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.