Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help.. I cannot Make Lookups Work!

Help.. I cannot Make Lookups Work!

Hello, I have Act Pro 2012. I am the admin and have created all contacs myself.. Originally I imported all of my groups over to ACT from an Excel spreadsheet. In order to have individual contacts assigned to groups I created a Membership field which is shown in the contact detail window.

I want to choose several groups together for a mail merge. From the contact screen I tag all contacts. Select advanced query and choose Type: >contacts, Field: >Membership, Operator: >equal to or >contains, Value: example: Friend.. I then click "Add to List"

Subsequently I'll go through the above and add another Value used in the Membership field.. say Family Friend..

When donre I will save the query and then click OK.. It tells me that there are no contacts in my output! I've also done this from the groups page but used contacts to see the contact fields in order to choose Membership.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Barry

Re: Help.. I cannot Make Lookups Work!

I forgot to mention that I did create dynamic membership for all contacts based on the Membership field I created. That did work and sperated all of my contacts nicely into their respective groups..

Re: Help.. I cannot Make Lookups Work!

Anyone know how what I might be doing wrong?