Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help! I can't get notes on my report and DEADLINE is due TODAY

Tuned Listener

Help! I can't get notes on my report and DEADLINE is due TODAY

Because of issues upgrading Act!, I am only able to finally generate a report for my client today, and it is due today.  The only problem is, in generating a report, I am unable to add the contact notes field, which are required by my client.  I've tried editing the "activities" template, and adding a subreport, but can't seem to fugure out how to add the notes field to the subreport. 

Please, if you have any ideas at all, please share them.  I just need the activities report to also show the contact notes.  It's that simple.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Tuned Listener

Re: Help! I can't get notes on my report and DEADLINE is due TODAY

Okay, I was able to add a subreport for "Notes" by using EXACTLY the same subreport for NOTES in the Notes/History template.  But when I run a report, none of the notes are showing up.  (And I have Notes checked, too).

I am soo close to getting this to work!  Anyone know what I might be missing?

Silver Contributor

It's kind of hard to tell without seeing it. However, why don't you edit a copy of canned Contact Report. It already has all of these subreports added. Start with one that already works and take out what you don't need. Be sure to do a save as so you don't blow up the original.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Tuned Listener

Oh, man, I can't thank you enough.  I didn't even look at that report!  I'll see what I can do and get back to you.

Mike

Tuned Listener

Okay, this worked great!  Thank you so much! 

Just one question:  How do I get it so it doesn't create a page break for every contact?  I could easily fit several contacts a page.

Thanks,

Mike

Silver Contributor

Open the contact report, double click on the page footer (click on section 3 footer) on the left.  On the right side change the drop down for page break from "after" to :"none"
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Tuned Listener

Well I found the footer, and changed it as you said.  But the report still put a page break after every contact.  So I went in and checked every section, including the subs and still, I can't get rid of the page breaks.  I also made every section "collapse if empty".  So I am at a loss.  I can send you the .rep file if you like, if you think I might be missing something.

At any rate, I was able to get the report off to my client in time, so thanks again for all your help!

Mike