Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help!! How to Switch History From Public to Private for All Contacts (and Vice Versa)

Help!! How to Switch History From Public to Private for All Contacts (and Vice Versa)

[ Edited ]

We have about 10,000 contacts in ACT 2010 and we now need to make PAST History (copies of emails from Outlook) public for all users  (I suspect others might have a need to do the opposite so it would be good to know how to do this) .   Each contact has numerous History notations from several users going back a couple of years.  I have already selected the options for new History to be public in Tools/Preferences/Email/ uncheck “Make History Private”.  That takes care of all new History.  Regarding past history I know that you can select a contact and then right click each History notation and select “Make History Public” however this would take forever to do manually for 10,000 contacts.  Is there a way to make all the PAST Private History public for all contacts at one time?   Am I just being blind and missing some simple setting in ACT 2010??

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Help!! How to Switch History From Public to Private for All Contacts (and Vice Versa)

Hello jackiwanski7796,
Welcome to the ACT! Community. Unfortunately, there is not a method to do this in ACT! 2010. You can do it for all histories for a contact at once, but not for the whole database. However, the upcoming ACT! 2014 release has a new History List feature which will display all histories in the database, letting you select all or some of the entries and changing them at once.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.