Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help!! Does anyone know how to get rid of this error its driving me mad!!

Copper Contributor

Help!! Does anyone know how to get rid of this error its driving me mad!!

Hi,

Everytime I open ACT I get the below message? Can anyone help? Basically I have ACT Premuim 17. I previously unistalled it and reinstalled it on our system before and have had no issues what so ever! but now when I do it I get the below screenshot:error.png

I'm not using the ACT for web verision and when I click cancel on the above error message it disappears and I can use ACT normally. My users want this message gone as its very annoying clicking cancel all the time. 

Thanks in advance

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Help!! Does anyone know how to get rid of this error its driving me mad!!

[ Edited ]

It's an issue with your antivirus software.  Change the startup page to Contacts and it will go away.  Go to Tools | Preferences | Startup Tab.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

That worked! thanks so much.

Is there a way to solve it, I'm using Mcafee for my anti virus? or is that the only work around?

Silver Super Contributor

It sounds like a bug in McAfee to me.  They'll probably fix it in an update.  It's just trying to download an HTM page which is a typical extension for a web page.  I'm surprised you haven't gotten the issue elsewhere.  It's possible that you have some sort of virus on those systems.  You might also get an iframe.dll error if your Windows operating system is too old.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Contributor

Hi Stan,

Thanks for you reply. It isnt a virus as I have already scanned the machines. I have had mcafee installed for years on those machines. Also what I can understand for me is why when I have unistalled and re-installed Act premium in the past its worked fine..

Nothing on our systems have changed expect the re-install of ACT. 

I did contact Act aupport but tbh they werent very helpful. You have given me a work around however I no some of my customers will say that they dont want it to have a different startup menu selected?

Is there anything else I can do or not really?

Silver Super Contributor

What version of Windows are you running on and what version of IE and is IE the default browser?

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Contributor

Windows version is 8.1, IE is version 11 and my default browser is chrome?

Copper Contributor

Hi Stan,

Did you manage to found a better solution for this? Rather then changing the welcome screen?

Thanks

Silver Super Contributor

No.   I suspect that you will need to change the settings on your antivirus software to fix it.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Contributor

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your reply. However what I'm trying to understand is why when I have unistalled and re-installed ACT Premium V17 this error  has occured. It has never occur in the past at all. Our anti-virus software hasn't been changed for a year. 

So I think this has to be something else? 

I did email swiftpage and the gave me some artricles to look at all relating to windows essentials 2011 which had nothing to do with it?

There has to be a more perminant fix? anyone?