Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help! Deleted Contacts Twice-----Act! Version 11.1.183.0

Help! Deleted Contacts Twice-----Act! Version 11.1.183.0

I have one remote database user who has had all his contacts, except for those contacts whom are users, deleted twice from his remote database. All 3200 plus contacts deleted, only the five database users remain. Maybe because he doesn't have premission to delete "users"?

I can see a record of the deletions in his record history along with a time stamp. The last time occurred while he claims he wasn't even on his computer and while he was at home, off the network with the synch server. He synchs manually with the database at the office but he also uses CompanionLink to synch with Google Contacts. His Google database was untouched, it had all his contacts.

He has unsecured WiFi at home, I suspect someone is getting onto his home network and onto his laptop. I just can't imagine how he could accidentally delete that many contacts, although he has surprised me before in the amount of damage he is capable of doing on a computer.

If anyone has any other possible reasons....I'd love to hear them. This is the second time I've had to restore his database.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Help! Deleted Contacts Twice-----Act! Version 11.1.183.0

It's easy if you ignlre the warnings. Chances are he wanted to delete one contact and chose lookup instead. I've seen it happen many times.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Elite Contributor

First off all, if you suspect someone is getting into his database and deleting contacts, then make sure he has established a password for his database login. If you are seeing the deletions under his History tab, that means it was done under his login. And, no you cannot delete active user records, so that's why they were untouched.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I too have had contacts deleted mysteriously when syncing with Companionlink software.  I'm using Act 2011 and latest Companionlink software.